We can thank this recipe to leftovers whoop whoop. It’s really simple to make and can be had at dinner or lunch time. It’s full of veggies and just like with all my recipes it’s easy for you to adapt it to your own prefences. Let’s get cracking with this quick recipe.( Ps. If you’re short on ingredients and time you can skip the lemon rice process and just use plain rice).
- 2 cup of cooked your favourite rice
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoon of tandorri
- 1 Green
- 1 red bell peppers
- 1 Onion
- 5- 7 chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cup of roasted chickpeas
- Handful of spinach
- Small Tortilla wraps
For the rice .
- Grab your frying pan, add two table spoons of vegetable oil and put the heat on a medium temperature.
- Then proceed to sauté your seeds and diced chillie to the oil.
- The seeds will start to crackle and pop. Indicating that they’re done. Once the sautéing is all done turn the heat off and proceed to add reamaing spices to the fry pan.
- Then quickly add the spice mixture to the rice and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Once you’ve stirred it into the rice cover it with a lid and allow the rice to marinate with the flavours.
For the Veggies
- Firstly grab your chickpeas and place them in a mixing bowl. Add some olive oil and your favourite spices. I used tandoori Masala , cumin , curry powder and lemongrass. Mix it all together and place in the oven at 200 degrees c for 20 minutes.
- Now I’m pretty sure you don’t need me to tell you what to do with your veggies.
- You simply need to chop them up and sauté them in a frying pan with some oil and your fave spices I just used curry powder and mixed herbs.
- This shouldn’t t take anymore than 15-20 minutes .
- Then mix your chick peas together with your veggies .
Now all you need to do it assemble your wraps. To do so I add some hummus as a sauce to spread on the tortilla wrap (you can use any that you like). Then place your favourite greens into I love me some spinach. Then add your lemon rice and veggies and you’re done .