So here’s the second recipe for my back 2 school series. It’s a simple vegan tea cake that is great to have as a sweet treat or desert. I’ve always found it better for you’re health and wallet to bake your own sweet treats. If I’m being honest I literally threw the ingredients crossed my fingers and hoped for the best #keepingitreal. Hopefully I’m not be not being biased as I really liked these tea cakes. Anywho’s let’s get cracking with the recipe !
- 1 cup of desicated coconut
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Three two spoons of Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 table spoons of lemon zest
- 1 cup of plant milk or water
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Firstly preheat that oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grab your mixing bowl and combine the flour, desicated coconut, baking powder and salt and mix welll.
- Then in separate bowl combine all your wet ingredients including the zest and sugar and proceed to mix well.
- Now combine the wet and dry ingredient and mix well. As always try to avoid excessive mixing as it will lead to a dense tough cake.
- If the batter is to dry proceed to add more plant milk .
- Once the mixing is all done pour the batter into a pre greased baking tin and place in the oven for 35- 40 minutes.
- Once it’s all done enjoy 🙆🏾