This recipe came about out of pure envy I cannot lie 😂. My family (who aren’t vegan) had been eating their hearts content with those non vegan ice cream sandwhices. I felt so left out petty I know. But we’re there is a will there is a way. So before summer officially closes here is a super easy recipe to make these delicious non healthy soul filling vegan sandwiches . Word of warning these are super sweet so if you don’t have a sweet tooth then I’d suggest you cut the sugar in half.
- 1 cup of either vegan butter or oil i.e. Coconut oil
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of plant milk or water
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tsp of vanilla
- Your fave vegan ice cream
- In a bowl place your vegan butter or oil and combine the sugar and vanilla and ensure to then mix very well.
- Then add your plant milk or oil an proceed to mix. Now don’t worry if the mixture separates as we all know oil and water don’t mix.
- Then add your flour and baking soda to the mix.
- Mix until it’s time to get your handsinvolved.
- Use your hands to help the mixture to come together you want a smooth non sticky dough.
- Then set it aside for a minute and pre hear your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Now grab spoonfuls of your cookie dough and roll it between your hands to make a ball . Then flatten it in between your hands and try to mould it into a circular cookie. I wanted my cookies to be relatively thick but the size and thickness is all up to you.
- Then place On a pre floured baking tray or non stick tray if you have one.
- Repeat this process til your tray is full up with vegan cookies.
- Then place your cookies in your preheated oven and allow to cook for 20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them as they aresusceptible to being burnt.
- Once there don’t your going to need to wait until they’ve completely cooled down before you add your ice cream .
- Once their cool add a tablespoon or two of your chosen vegan ice cream and then spread it on one side of a cookie then add another cookie on top and hey presto you’ve got vegan ice cream sandwhiches