Who doesn’t love a good ol rustic pizza 👅 this is by far the best pizza I’ve ever made. I believe that a good pizza starts from its base. The dough is everything it makes or breaks just how good a pizza is. In the past I’ve had to deal with pizzas that were soggy in the middle, non fluffy and tough as a stone. But alas I’ve conquered the vegan pizza and here I am to share that with you all I hope you love it as much as I do !
2 1/2 cups of flour
10 grams of active yeast or fresh yeast
2 table spoons of garlic powder
2 table spoons of coriander powder
1 1/3 cup of warm water
2 table spoons of olive oil
1 table spoon of sea salt
- In a bowl pour in the warm water. Make sure it’s warm and not hot or you’ll end up killing the yeast. Think of the kinda warm water you’d use for a baby.
- Then add your yeast and mix well .
- Then in a separate bowl I want you too sift your flour and add the herbs and salt and then mix well.
- Now add the yeast mixture and oil and mix until it’s time to use your hands .
- On a chopping board I want you to dust it with some flour and then proceed to knead for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once you’re done kneading place your dough in a pre dusted or pre oiled bowl and cover it then allow it to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- In the mean time prepare your veggies and sauce. I used lots of spinach and basil along with chopped mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, peppers and a few sun dried tomatos (but add these in at then end) . For the sauce I just used a simple tomato paste but feel free to make your own or use a pasta sauce .
- Once your dough has risen and doubled in size proceed to roll it out on a suitable surface. I rolled mine out so that it was a thin to medium thickness. The pizza was roughly the size of a large saucepan but I then proceed to fold the edges inwards on itself. But in all honesty the shape of the pizza is 100% up to you.
- Once your pizza shape is as you desire proceed to add your toppings and sauce.
- I add a lot of my veggies on top of my sauce, it may looking daunting to have all those veggies on top but remember that they will deflate during the cooking time.
- Once your done go ahead and place your pizza into the oven at 200 degrees C for 35 minutes.
- Half way though add some olive oil on top and the sun dried tomatoes of you wish.
- Keep an eye on your pizza as we don’t want it to burn.
- Once your all done proceed to devour that pizza 🤸🏾♀️👅👁