I’m sure if you’ve been following me for long enough you’ll know or at least I hope you know that Vegan cooking has no boundaries. Anything can be veganised it just takes some creativity, thought and patience. Right let’s crack on with how to make these Baked vegan Doughnuts👅
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 7grams of fresh yeast
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 3/4 cup of self raising flour
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2tsp of vanilla
- 3 table spoons of vanilla sugar
- 3 table spoons of plant milk or water
- 3 table spoons of cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- First, let’s activate some yeast . Add the yeast and warm water together in a cup and cover with a small plate or tea towel. Please make sure the water is warm and not hot. If it’s pipping hit you’ll kill the yeast.
- Then in a bowl add your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a superset bowl add the yeast mixture, (make sure it’s foamy and that you can hear them respiring) oil, cinnamon, vanilla sugar and then mix well together.
- Begin to add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Do it in parts to make sure it combines well and this way you’ll avoid over mixing.
- Your looking for a dough consistency so don’t be surprised if the flour mixture is too much but it should be fine. But of course act as needed.
- Then grab your dough and kneed just like you would if you were making bread. Unlike bread making your only kneeling until its smooth.
- Then place in a pre floured bowl and cover with a a tea towel, plate or foil and place in a warm place to rise for an hour. A warm oven is great for this.
- Once the dough has doubled in size grab it out of the bowl and place on a floured chopping board and gently roll it out. Not to a thin thickness but a medium thickness.
- To make the donut shapes I use a medium to large sized cup to cut out the circle and a clean bottle lid to make the inner hole.
- Once you’ve cut out your dounuts place them on a floured baking tray and cover with foil and once again allow them to rise in a warm place for another hour.
- Once the hour is up remove the foil and place them in the oven at 180- 200 degrees C for only 10 minutes.
- Once their done take em out and leave to cool whilst you prepare your glaze.
- Simply add all the glaze ingredients in a bowl and either whisk or mix till well comined and smooth.
- Once your dounuts are cool add the glazed and any additional toppings you desire.
- Then enjoy 🙋🏾