I love me a good vegan burger; I look for two things in my burgers texture and flavour. In the past I’ve had vegan burgers that are like cardboard and mushy they just taste so ….. stereotypically vegan 😂. But have faith for vegan cooking is king and so are its bean burgers . Right enough chit chat let’s crack on with the recipe.
- 500g of black beans
- 1 chopped red onion
- Spring onions
- 1 table spoon of tahini
- 6 medium sized chestnut mushrooms
- Half a garlic or 1 whole one if your feeling daring.
- Cumin 2 tsp
- Coriander 1tsp
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Paprika 2tsp
- Tandoori Masala 2 tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 -1 cup of either polenta or bread crumbs (or you can add nutritional yeast )
- Also feel free to add your own spices
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Don’t blend the mixture but pulse it instead. This will allow you to maintain a nice texture to the burger. We don’t want a paste.
- Check how moist the batter is if it’s too wet add more of the polenta or breadcrumbs until you have a a non sticky moist feel to it. You want it moist enough to compact it into a burger.
- Then use your hands to shape up some patties they don’t have to be perfect but aim for the tradition burger look and make them as thick or thin as you desire.
- Then place on a pre greased baking tray or non stick pan and place into a preheated oven at 180- 200 degrees C.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes .
- Then enjoy 👅