Vegan baking often has a lot of debate. For some reason the idea of having a cake or muffin without the use of eggs and milk seems to blow people’s minds. I often get asked or told that having cake and cookies is impossible or that it will taste “vegan” like aka bland. Now anyone whose taken the time to explore veganism will know that in this day and age veganism has no limits. You can pretty much veganise any thing from chicken to cake. So here is a simple recipe to add to your vegan belt. My personal favourite carrot cake vegan style ! The key with cakes is to avoid over mixing, I’ve learnt the hard way that mixing to much can cause it to come out dense and not light / fluffy.
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil or vegan butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup of self raising flour
- 2tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup of plant milk or water, 1 Cup of grated carrots
- this last one it all up to you. If you like a sweet cake then use 1 Cup of brown sugar but if your like me and not a fan then go for 1/2 Cup of brown sugar.
- simply add the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Then add the wet ingredients excluding the carrots and mix well.
- Add the carrots in parts so you can evenly fold them into the batter and avoid over mixing.
- Place in a greased cake tin or non stick and place in the oven at 180 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
- Finally Enjoy once done 🐥 ps. If your a daredevil like me eat fresh from the oven tastes so nice warm