CAKE CAKE CAKE! I love a good slice of cake and I always make room for it haha. This is a really simple cake to make it requires little time and it’s delicious. It’s not a sweet cake but more on the subtle side but of course just like with any of my recipes your free to adjust the ingredient measurements to suit your individual taste buds.
- 2 1/4 cups of self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup of sunflower oil
- 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1 of water or plant milk
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- lemon zest
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly
- Then add the wet ingredients and mix in two parts ensuring that all is well combined.
- Then if you have a non stick baking tin put the batter in. If not either use parchment paper or pre grease the baking tin with some oil and it should be fine.
- Zest some of the lemon grind on the cake before placing in the oven.
- Place in the oven at 180- 200 degrees and allow to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- keep an eye on it as it can easily get burnt. use a knife and poke through the centr , if the knife comes out dry it’s ready if it’s still wet then allow to cook for a little longer.
- oh feel free to sprinkle some powdered sugar