This was a spontaneous creation that I decided to make in the mist of making my favourite stack of cacao vegan pancakes. I usually use Blackstrap molasses to top my stack of pancakes but for some reason I wasn’t feeling that. All that came to mind was a sauce my Mum used to a make for me when I was younger I use to have it with pancakes and French toast. I recreated it and was pretty amazed at the resemblance this concoction had to my mums. It’s uber easy to make and tastes amazing especially if someone like me who has intolerance to nuts this is a great alternative.
- 1 Punnet of fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup of water
- 2/3 tablespoons of unrefined brown sugar (I used molasses sugar)
- Half a lemon or a whole one if you love a citrus flavour
- 2/3 table spoons of Tahini
- Firstly add the cup of water to a pot at a high temperature and allow the water to boil.
- Then add the punnet of blueberries or more if you want and begin to stir. The blueberry should begin to leach into the water turning it bluey purple.
- Once the water and blueberry have semi dissolved into one another turn the heat down to medium and add the sugar, lemon juice and Tahini,
- The mixture should begin to thicken and become more paste like if you want a really jam like consistency then proceed to add half a cup of chis seeds to get the jam like texture.