Winter is coming which for me personally is my favourite time of year. Bring on the cosy meals, baked treats like this one and all the delicious fall/winter fresh produce , bye bye Melons hello squash and apples. A yummy treat that we all know and love is Banana Bread. It’s sweet , yummy and when done right can be healthy it’s all about your choice of ingredients. Now of course if you follow me on Instagram you know I love chocolate and ginger ( amongst other vegan goodies) these too flavours always bring out the best in each other so i thought why not add them to some Banana Bread. No more chit chat let’s get to the recipee………..
- 400g of ripe Banana
- 100g of brown sugar
- 300g of flour
- 20g of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp of baking flour
- 140g of water or plant milk
- As much grated ginger as you can stand haha
- pinch of sea salt
- Firstly, grab a mixing bowl and mash the bananas as well as you can aiming for a smooth consistency.
- Then add the sugar , plant milk mix well and set aside.
- I would say to sift the the flour , cocoa powder into a seperate bowl just to ensure the flour is smooth.
- Then add the sea salt ,baking soda, salt and ginger mix together and then in three parts add the liquid mixture to the batter and mix evenly.
- Then add the mixture to a pre- greased (i used oil) baking tray lay evenly in the baking tray.
- If you have any spare bananas feel free to slice them up and put them on top. of the batter. If you love ginger as much as i do then grate some more on top.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 180-200 degrees Celsius.
- As with any baking treat allow to cool and then devour.