Pasta is a staple meal for many people around the world. There are so many fun and cool ways to jazz up this meal you can practically add anything you want like i always say go crazy with your meals just keep it vegan and cruelty free. For this post i’m going to show you how i made my first and most successful in terms of taste and texture Pasta and Meatball dish.I’m a minimalist so all ingredients are simple, nutritious and cheap. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- curry powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 sweet chilli peppers
- 1 cup of flour
- lemon or lime
- Grab your food processor or blender and put in you coriander and spinach as much as you want .
- Add 3 cloves of garlic and 1 cut onion and blend until combined.
- Then add your chickpeas ,2 tbsps of Olive oil , sea salt, turmeric ,lemon juice black pepper and curry powder. Blend again until combined.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and first analyse how wet the mixture is. If it’s really moist add the full cup of flour and mix otherwise add as you see fit.The aim of the flour is to helps the mixture come together and hold the meatball together. however too much flour ruins the taste so be careful.
Once you are happy with the mixture begin to roll out your balls and place on a baking tray. Bake for approximately 15-20 mins on 200 degrees Celsius.
PASTA SAUCE RECIPE
- Feel to use a pre-made store bought pasta sauce for your meal but if you have time to kill and want to do some DIY try this out.
- Once again grab preferably your blender and add 1 or 2 onions (i used 1) then add the tomatoes , sweet chilli peppers, more garlic about 2 or 3 cloves , as much basil as you love and then blend till smooth .you could also add coconut milk of your feeling adventurous.
- Then grab a pot and put a medium heat and pour the mixture into the pot and allow to simmer for a bit. keep stirring as you don’t want it to burn.
- once a few bubbles pop up begin to add thyme, oregano, sea salt , black pepper and any other condiments you desire.MIX MIX MIX.
- I added about 2 table spoons of tomato ketchup just for sweetness you don’t have to it’s up to you as always. Remember to taste as you go along .
- By now the meatballs should be all done. take them out of the oven and add to the sauce once your happy with it. Turn off the heat and just mix in the meatballs
- enjoy with some pasta ,spaghetti or anything else you fancy .